• The Moon City Short Fiction Award is for an original collection of short fiction written originally in English by a single or collaborative author.
• Individual pieces in the collection may be published in periodicals, but not yet collected and published in full-length manuscript form.
• Entries may include short shorts, short fiction, and up to one novella (but should not be only a novella). Please include a table of contents and acknowledgements page.
• Open to all writers not associated with Moon City Press or its staff, past or present. Students, employees, and alumni of Missouri State University are ineligible.
• Manuscripts should fall between 30,000 and 65,000 words.
• Manuscripts should be submitted via Submittable, https://mooncitypress.submittable.com/submit
• A $25 entry fee is due via Submittable at the time of submission; entry fees are nonrefundable.
• Simultaneous submissions are permitted, though manuscripts should be withdrawn immediately if accepted elsewhere.
• Deadline extended to November 1, 2017. Finalists will be notified by Summer 2018 and the winner will be published in Spring 2019.
• First prize: $1000, publication by Moon City Press (including international distribution through the University of Chicago Press), and a standard royalty contract. Ten additional finalists will be named and considered for publication.
• For questions, please visit http://moon-city-press.com/fiction-contest/
or contact Moon City editor Michael Czyzniejewski at firstname.lastname@example.org.